After many years (well, 3 or 4) of searching for the Curriculum that will fit our family (that I would like, kids will enjoy, somewhat classical, somewhat Charlotte Mason, literature rich, possible to teach 3 kids at the same time, Christian based), I am set for Tapestry of Grace. I like many things about it.
- 4 year rotation
- Bible/Christian rich
- Great books
- I can pick and choose, flexibility
- Once I buy each year for the first four years, I reuse it with every child in 4 years rotations.
- It does not teach American History for 8 years!!!! (instead, it gives the understanding of the flow of the historical events throughout the ages)
- It covers: History, Church history, Literature, Geography, Fine Arts, Government, Philosophy, Writing & Composition. So I need to add only Math, Science and Grammar in older years, and in younger Phonics and Spelling, Math.
- It’s not only a plan of study, but rather evolving way of learning how to study.
- I learned in a very similar way in my Elementary and High School (Communism had a good free education)
- I love it.
Now I just need to get the money!
Below are the 3 weeks samples for the curious ones: